7.11.09

[+] Size is a PLUS- Do's and Don'ts of Big Girl Fashion [+]

Ladies, ladies...ladies....


I love all of my Divas, skinny and thick alike,


but there are some things that we as thicker women can and cannot do...


so let me give you ladies the basics of finding the best shapes, silhouettes and cuts

for your body type....don't know your type? Okay, no problem, let's clarify....



<--Top Heavy-->




























This one tends to be a little tricky, but ladies work what you have! If you have beautiful gams, show those legs off! Some top heavy sisters are so keenly aware of the top half of their body, that they neglect to show it off! There's nothing wrong with a little cleavage, but it has to be done tastefully...Tocarra here isn't as plus as we remember, but she is a good example of how to rock cleavage; the heart shaped neckline is gorgeous...keep in mind that low cut tops probably aren't a good idea, because when your girls are big the cleavage is gonna show regardless...& stay away from longer cut t-shirts, ladies they do nothing for your frame! They shorten your legs and call more attention to your stomach...not a good look! ...Next up...


<--Thicker Hourglass-->










This shape defines me the most...<---That would be me lol...I'm definitely bigger at the bottom than I am up top, but I have larger breast and a smaller waist, so the focal points on my body would be the breast and my hips.

















This body type is the most proportionate of all the body types, which means it's also more versatile....I am a 22 in pants...but I can't really fit plus sized tops because I'm short so they drape on me. I personally prefer these items:


1. Dark, tight skinny jeans to accentuate the hips, and draw attention to the length of the legs.


2. Shorter cut shirts again to lengthen the look of the legs.


3. Girls with big arms don't be scared of short sleeved shirts!...I inherited some thick arms from my granny and I'm proud of them! lol.


4. Empire cut shirts and dresses look gorgeous on this figure!!! They attract attention to the breast while at the same time drawing the eye down and increasing atttention on full hips. (And we all like that lol) ----> see? I'll try my best to find pictures of plus sized models in any examples I show.











*Bonus- I love, love, LOVE, dark jeans...lighter ones call more attention to the size of the thighs...and I have some thunder thighs for real lol so for simple looks, darker is better.



Bottom Heavy (I.E. Lots of hips!!! Or the pear shape lol)

I personally love this shape...I am working on getting my arms in shape and losing a bit of stomach so that I fit more into this category...ladies did you know that the pear shape in considered the most healthy??? If you're not the ideal weight for a woman your height and age (check your BMI), if you carry most of that weight in your thighs and hips then you probably have nothing to worry about! .....anyways...empire lines also look extremely well on this shape, and you have to LOVE tight jeans!!! I would most definitely rock a corset and jeans to accentuate the waist, and lengthen the legs.




Just a tidbit for all of you beautiful, fashion forward ladies out there....that was the basics...

next I will be giving you an article about how plus size divas can be GLAM too....

(P.S. sorry it took so long to post, GeekSquad had my poor little Dell forever!) lol



~LILO~

1 comment:

  1. My wife is more of the bottom heavy body style.I love your ideas, how can I convence her to try some of them?

    ReplyDelete